2. A Silhouette
3. Soft8. Hand Tinted
5. From The Top
7. Old School
Kind of went my own way this week….
3. Soft — During the Olympics I usually find a hand work project. This year it’s un-quilting this double bed sized quilt that I started in 2000. I had started hand quilting it but plan to have it machine quilted (AKA, FINISHED)
5. From The Top
7. Old School– See this ring? It was given to me by my great aunt when I was 10 against my grandmother’s better judgment. I lost it when I was 13. I found it two years later in the pocket of the jacket I had taken it off to wash dishes. Now it only comes off if I am having surgery. So I’ve had it almost 40 years since the last time I lost it. The foot ring does not come off either. That’s from my dad. I was maybe 14? I should say that the turquoise ring was purchased by my grandmother in California in 1927 and given to my great aunt as a gift.
The scent of smelly socks is hard to resist…
Panera for dinner… this caught my eye… may have to manipulate language to make it fit heartwarming (but settled on something else for that, so here are these pretty colored bowls)
All food should be played with. Stalked, attacked, spied on and batted about. Only after serious hunting and proof of superior skill should a worthy opponent be devoured. Neko spends a lot of time chasing pieces of kibble after he liberates them from the food bowl.
31. A Horse
1. In the dark
26. Vivid Color on my Jelly Roll Race quilt, with a pop of contrast provided by quilt inspector Cannoli.
27. Secure—In a safe spot, keeping an eye out. Does this tunnel make my butt look big?
28. Return—When inspiration fails, fall back on old reliable. Kitty pictures!! (what makes the internet go round)
29. Lively—The polar opposite of Lively, this stark snowy image.
30. Focusing—on the big picture!
31. A Horse (or Chinese New Year) GUNG HAY FAT CHOY! This LOVE chop was brought back to me from China by my daughter when she went there 5 years ago to bring home her baby cousin. The quilt in the background is called Emails from China, and I designed it while she was there…there are koi fish on it, and Chinese characters and lettering. Blog and photo)http://aliaslaceygreen.com/2009/08/12/emails-from-china/
February 1. In the dark—Should have been a selfie tonight, but Kitty!
My photography website. My FLICKR photo page. Follow me on Facebook. On Twitter, I am @rteest42